Chris and I have been married for 3 years now. It's crazy how long we have been together. 3 just sounds so short to me compared to the 8 years we knew each other.
Marriage has had it's ups and downs. There have been moments of laughter, pain, tears and overwhelming joy. We started our relation off with a big car accident, followed by quite a few near death experiences, living miles away from each other during school and getting in lots of trouble with friends. We felt like a young Romeo and Juliet in high school sneaking away to see each other when our relationship was forbidden. No object, person, or supernatural being was going to ever get between us or separate us. We were two young passionate souls that had a fire that was forever burning. Then came the marriage and we had to learn to live together and that fire wasn't so fun anymore. More than not, we started burning each other. We finally learned how to coexist happily together. Then came Pants. She must have inherited both of our passion, temper, stubbornness and determination because she is a little fire ball. She quickly wore us in and sucked the fire right out of us :) Being a parent has been one of the biggest blessings and hardships in our marriage. She has taught us how to love and be open in a deeper way than I ever knew possible. It has been a very vulnerable place to be. Something the Hubbs and I struggle with.
This has been the best and hardest year of my life. I am finally becoming more comfortable with who I am and allowing myself to acknowledge my passions. Pants gave me the courage to do that. The Hubbs is finishing his last semester of school this fall and ready to be done. He works 30+ hours, takes 16 credits and helps out with Pants when I'm exhausted in the evenings. He has been going through summer school and getting scores in the top of his class. We have been living in a small one bedroom apartment in my parents bacement. They have been so gracious to allow us to stay here and help us out while Chris is going to school. It's been a huge blessing but our family of three is outgrowing it and Pants is a very active girl that needs more room to grow and explore. We have been sharing everything from dressers to our bed. To say this year has been the year from hell would be an understatement. We have both been pushed to our breaking point but have managed the will power to keep going.
That is what I have learned from the Hubbs and my relationship. Were fighters and as long as we allow our passion to shine through, we'll make it. I know quitting is not an option for us and we have never fallen out of love even through the thickest of our problems.
I can't explain what a lucky girl I am to have two wonderful people in my life. To have the Hubbs and Pants to love and spend my life with, is my greatest happiness. They are my world. Thanks Chris for sticking it out with me for 8 years and then saying I do 3 years ago.
Happy Anniversary babe!!!
Happy Anniversary babe!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment